Whether it’s seeking out new and unusual market treats or living it up in one of the fanciest restaurants in town, travel and food go hand in hand. So, that’s why I was particularly keen to have a read through TripAdvisor’s new list of the top 10 restaurants across Australia.
Friends Restaurant in my old stomping ground of Perth took out the top spot for Fine Dining in Australia, just beating Sage in Canberra and the Stunned Mullet in Port Macquarie.
When it comes to dining options that deliver in all the right places but don’t hurt you in the wallet, Brisbane-based George’s Paragon Seafood Restaurant took out the top accolade, followed by Fish at The Rocks in Sydney and Grill Steak Seafood Restaurant in Melbourne.
Based on a full year of TripAdvisor reviews, these restaurants were consistently given high ratings and praise by restaurant-goers across the globe. Scanning down the list, it’s clear I need to do more travel and/or eating. I’ve only been to two restaurants on the list.
See the full list below:
Fine Dining – Australia
- Friends Restaurant – Perth, WA
- Sage – Canberra, ACT
- The Stunned Mullet – Port Macquarie, NSW
- fermentAsian – Tanunda, SA
- Spirit House – Yandina, QLD
- China Doll – Sydney, NSW
- Pee Wee’s at the Point – Darwin, NT
- Watergate Restaurant & Lounge Bar – Port Douglas, QLD
- Bacchus – Brisbane, QLD
- Sake Restaurant & Bar – Sydney, NSW
Every Dining – Australia
- George’s Paragon Seafood Restaurant – Brisbane, QLD
- Fish At The Rocks – Sydney, NSW
- Grill Steak Seafood Restaurant – Melbourne, VIC
- Chin Chin – Melbourne, VIC
- Hugos Manly – Manly, NSW
- Farmhouse Kings Cross – Sydney, NSW
- Petition – Perth, WA
- Tha Fish – Cairns, QLD
- Salt House – Cairns, QLD
- The Grounds of Alexandria – Sydney, NSW
Have you dined at any of them? Let us know if you agree with the praise.